September 26, 2006
I found this postcard in my Great-uncle's stash, it's of a
nearby lake. After taking a close look at the postcard, we decided it was taken
while the lake was filling for the first time after finishing the dam! We could
see a house still standing, the lake covers the site of an old town, and some
cottonwood treetops almost covered with water. We did some hiking and found the
spot where the photo was taken and when they drained the lake to repair the dam,
we walked out onto the spot where the house stood, there was nothing left of it,
however we have found low stone walls from some of the other houses that were
there and some odds and ends of garbage left behind. I'm not sure the year they
finished the dam, but it washed out in 1913, so it was before that. (they
rebuilt it in 1913-14.)
I used Family Heirloom kit by Marcee Duggar, As Time Goes By by Meryl Bartho
I used Family Heirloom kit by Marcee Duggar, As Time Goes By by Meryl Bartho
Fonts: lizzielongstocking, Stamp Act Jumbled
Programs: Adobe Photoshop Elements 2

No comments:
Post a Comment