Sunday, May 18, 2014

Christmas 1964

the picture of the layout is missing, will try and find it and add later.
Date: Wed July 7, 2004 · Views: 470
(There is a 2nd page that goes with this that I didn't put in the journaling catagory.) Journaling Reads: These are the only pictures we have from this Christmas. Dad was in Oklahoma City going to school, so I am sure it was a lonely one for all of us. This was the second Christmas that he spent alone in Oklahoma City. I wonder
what the day was like for him,
did we call him, did he have
someone to spend the day with or was he alone all day? Mom found these letters that Trish, Carleen, and Sandy wrote to Dad, I don’t know if mine got lost or if I didn’t write.
Dad was supposed to arrive in Albuquerque on New Years Eve and Mom and the Connolly’s went to meet his plane planning to celebrate
that evening. The weather delayed the plane and not knowing if it would be able to take off, Dad decided to take the bus. The message
he sent didn’t get to Mom so she spent the night worrying about what had happened to him. I’m sure they had a joyful reunion the next morning when his bus arrived!
Fonts: Scriptina, Lucida Handwriting
Challenge: lights from POTH

No comments: